Women More Addicted to Smartphones Than Men: Study

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, May 30, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Women are using smartphones for four hours a day or longer and are more prone to succumb to smartphone addiction than men, the first-ever academic study on this topic has revealed.

The study, conducted in South Korea, noted that 52 percent of the women in the survey used their smartphones for four hours a day or longer far higher than the comparable ratio of 29.4 percent among men, Korea Times reported on Monday.

The ratios of respondents who use smartphones for six hours a day were also 22.9 percent for women and 10.8 percent for men.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/women-more-addicted-to-smartphones-than-men-study-843227

Sefie, May 30, 2016
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

I can see this as true findings! I have seen numerous women on the phone as early as 6:30 AM while dropping their children off to school, as well as in the market. The phone seems to be glue to their ears. There are too many things to gossip about I suppose :)

IcyBC, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Sefie

Sefie

When I read this I thought: this is totally me. I spend most of the time on the phone, texting and checking for info online. It's so addictive, but I suppose is not very healthy for our eyes and maybe our brain :( I wasn't as addicted as I am now... but then I got a very nice prepaid plan that allows me make unlimited calls and 3 gb to whats app for only $5! It was hard to resist,

Sefie, Jun 1, 2016
  4. Sefie

artyarson

I guess the whole generation is addicted to phones. Men are guilty of this, too. Too much of a texting and stalkerish behavior on social media are two main points.

artyarson, Jun 1, 2016
  5. Sefie

lisasian86

I can kind of see this, I am on my smartphone more often than my partner is and in general I think I use it more than my males friends.

lisasian86, Jun 1, 2016
  6. Sefie

filmjunkie08

I agree women use their far more than men do. We use it to talk with our children, talk with our husbands, text our friends, and to check on our aging parents. Women are often the hub of the household therefore we will be contacted by phone more than men.

filmjunkie08, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Sefie

amonda

I think that this could possibly be accurate. For me personally, as soon as I wake up, I'm on my phone. I honestly don't know how I would function without it.

amonda, Jul 5, 2016
  8. Sefie

hades_leae

Probably because men are out making more use out of their time rather than take 1,000 selfies just to pick the best one but upload all of them anyway. I'm not saying anything bad about women, but cellphones are another mirror for them to stare in.

Society has shown us that women are the ones who are more into themselves physically and they will do just about anything to make themselves feel good even if it means staring into a cell phone screen for more than 4 hours a day, or sitting in front of a damn mirror at least 2 hours in the morning just to satisfy themselves.

Many women are just hooked on what could be looked at as the wrong thing, but I'm going to say they are hooked on irrelevant time consuming things. My opinion.

hades_leae, Jul 17, 2016
  9. Sefie

turnb43

I really don't think that this is news to anyone, what would interest me would be the amount of time men and women spend on laptops/desktop PCs by comparison - Smartphones are a woman's number 1 tech device hands down, that is for for sure 100%.

turnb43, Jul 19, 2016
Ask a Question