WLAN doesn't work after Kuki Linux Installation!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by NiCo, Mar 21, 2010.

1. NiCo

NiCo

@Hi everybody!

I have a Acer Aspire One 110L. Because i didn't like the preinstalled OS(Linpus Light), i installed the OS Kuki Linux on my Acer. Everythinks was working fine. Only my WLAN(Atheros) will not work. It works, but it will not connect to my Router. Does anybody here know a answer? Thanks in advance!

NiCo, Mar 21, 2010
  2. NiCo

JimK

I have a 110L running Kuki and it works fine with wireless routers, so yours should be able to work. Are you running on AC or battery? Mine always works when using AC but sometimes not on battery (I guess it goes into some kind of power-saving mode). One thing to try when wireless isn't working is to power down the machine, unplug it and remove the battery for about 30 seconds. Then turn it back on and hope everything works. Another thing you might try is plugging into your router with an Ethernet cable and doing a software update on your Kuki. The only other thing I can think of is to check if your router settings are incompatible -- maybe try some different security/encryption settings? Good luck!

JimK, Mar 22, 2010
  3. NiCo

NiCo

Thank you for this Advices! Unfortunately it didn't help! But when i configure my Router(Siemens Gigaset SE551) so, that is without Encryption(WPA2), i can connect. But with Encryption, there is no chance. What can this be?

NiCo, Mar 24, 2010
  4. NiCo

NiCo

I find something strange out: When i activate the SSID-Broadcast in my Router, i can connect with my Router/Internet. When the SSID-Broadcast in the Router is disabled, i can't connect. What can this be?

NiCo, Mar 26, 2010
Ask a Question