Wireless Turns off and On Repeatedly

Discussion in 'Windows' started by borgward, Jan 9, 2014.

1. borgward

borgward

The wireless connection turns off and on repeatedly. XP PRO, Dell Latitude D600, Centrino mobile processor, 1.2 GB RAM, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG XP PRO. service PAK 2 All updates are current.

The Device manager shows no problems anywhere with any device.

I clicked on Network adapters and then clicked on Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection which reports "This device is working properly" On the Driver tab I see:

Device Provider: Intel
    Driver Date: 12/19/2007
    Driver Version: 9.0.4.39
    Digital Signer: Microsoft...........

The Resources tab indicates:

Memory Range: FAFEF000 - FAFEFFFF
    IRQ: 5

Could the memory range be a problem?

I was given the D600 after the HDD went south. Wireless worked before that. I replaced the HDD and reinstalled XP PRO.

All updates are current. Running Service Pack 2. Service Pack 3 not available for Latitude D600 running XP PRO 32 bit.

I noticed the used computer stores in town do not have the wireless running on any laptops that run Centrino, and do not gurantee the Intel wireless.

I have run the troubleshooter many times to no avail. It wants me to not run open with many warnings to not do so. I run my LAN open as I am deep in the woods. Could running with an open configuration be the problem? Are people having the same problem on LANs that are not open?

borgward, Jan 9, 2014
Ask a Question