Wireless switches off when on battery power

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by moddedmicra, Dec 28, 2008.

1. moddedmicra

moddedmicra

Hi there,
    I have just got an Aspire one, the one with Linux Lite on it.
    For some reason if the wireless is connected but I am running the computer on battery power the wireless disconnects and the light goes off if i leave it for a couple of mins. Its like a powersaver, is there any way to turn it off?
    Thank You
    Joe

moddedmicra, Dec 28, 2008
  2. moddedmicra

moddedmicra

any one know?

3. moddedmicra

IanCaithness

Have you tried Live Update as a solution to the problem? Connect the AAO to the AC power and then run Live Update while connected to the wireless (assuming that it works when connected to an AC power outlet). There is an update for the wireless configuration which may solve the problem.

IanCaithness, Dec 28, 2008
  4. moddedmicra

moddedmicra

Yer its all up to date, updated it on christmas morning when i was given it.

5. moddedmicra

IanCaithness

Make sure that the wireless is turned on at the bottom of the AAO. You might also want to check your battery and wireless settings, in case something has been changed accidentally. The switch wants to be to the left. Since the updates have been installed, it might be that the wireless settings have been reset and so the computer continues to reconnect. Have you installed any software which may conflict with the wireless settings? Has anyone changed anything on the wireless network? For example, has the wireless got a WEP/WPA key which limits access to the wireless? Is the wireless network set to allow particular devices? If so, you need to attain the MAC (IP /Hardware/Subnet) address of the laptop to input into the router.

IanCaithness, Dec 28, 2008
  6. moddedmicra

moddedmicra

The wireless is deffo switched on but when it switches itself off if i stide the switch it wont come back on. Not istalled any software etc on it since i got it. And it will connect to the network for a while which deffo means its not a security problem.

moddedmicra, Dec 29, 2008
  7. moddedmicra

moddedmicra

Found this on the web:
    does anyone know how to do this with the linux operating system?

moddedmicra, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question