Wireless switch does work under OSX

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by CopyCatz, Feb 21, 2009.

1. CopyCatz

CopyCatz

Well kinda :)

I got my Atheros card working with the xxx install version of OSX, using the kismac trick. Lately I've been having trouble even using kismac, scanning did not find any access points anymore. I founf a post on insanelymac that said you have to hold the switch while switching on the one, and then once more in the boot menu. Oddly enough if you flip the wireless switch in the boot menu the countdown stops, so the system does see a "key". That worked sometimes too, but not always.

But just now I discovered that if the scan fires off (you see the channels changing at the bottom right of the kismac window), and you don't find anything: flip the wireless switch. For me all of a sudden the ap's started appearing. When I switch off again the list isn't refreshed anymore, but I can just switch it on again. This means you don't have to dualboot into windows to make sure the switch is on, although I was having doubts about the switch staying on after boot anyway..

CopyCatz, Feb 21, 2009
Ask a Question