Wireless problems with D150

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JakeXX, Jul 25, 2011.

1. JakeXX

JakeXX

I recently bought a D150 from ebay and have been having problems with the wireless.
    I have the Broadcom 802.11g Network Adaptor
    and the Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

I'm only getting 1 or 2 mbps when I connect to the wireless, whereas my toshiba netbook is picking up around 56 mbps
    I have updated the drivers via the acer website as well as changing the power management settings in the device manager (although there were no power settings for the ethernet controller available)

I have contacted Acer customer support but they have been no help. I was thinking about buying a new wireless card, but I would really prefer not to, if anyone has any suggestions, they would be hugely appreciated!

JakeXX, Jul 25, 2011
  2. JakeXX

MasterJediAdam

Did you figure this out? I would probably start by (re)installing the most current drivers. I swapped mine out a while ago as well.

MasterJediAdam, Nov 28, 2011
  3. JakeXX

Swarvey Moderator

I have found in the past, that upgrading the firmware for the Router, or sometimes a simple power-off-power-on cycle of the router is enough to fix smaller issues with WiFi.

Swarvey, Nov 28, 2011
Ask a Question