Wireless only works when adapter is plugged in.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by flaire, Oct 26, 2009.

1. flaire

flaire

I recently switched to a new internet provider (Optimum Online). Everyone else's wireless connection works fine in the household. I could not for the longest time get signal in my room with my Acer even though I'm connected to my router with full bars. I recently found a hotspot in my room where I'm able to connect and not only that I discovered that I am only able to connect to my wireless if my AC adapter is plugged in. Why does this happen and how can I remedy this?

flaire, Oct 26, 2009
  2. flaire

melhiore

I would start from Power Option for Wi-Fi card. Probably you have selected Switch this device off to conserve power or something similar in Device properties...

melhiore, Oct 26, 2009
  3. flaire

flaire

I'm sorry, I'm not really sure how to go about that. The thing is though, I am able to connect to other wireless networks just fine. It's just my wireless connection at home that bothers me.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I figured out how to do it. Seems to be working alright. Thanks for the advice!

flaire, Oct 27, 2009
Ask a Question