Wireless not working (not turning on?) in Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SlaughterDog, Nov 26, 2008.

1. SlaughterDog

SlaughterDog

Hey all, what a lovely way for me to introduce myself than to tell you about my problems!

Well, anyway, I just got my AAO and installed Ubuntu Hardy on it. I don't know how to get the wireless working though. The hardware drivers control panel says there's a "Support for Atheros 802.11 wireless LAN cards" activated but not currently in use. Perhaps I need to figure out how to get it in use? I've tried installing the Windows driver with ndiswrapper (with the other one activated and deactivated) but no dice. In fact, it just stopped the computer from clicking off when hibernating.

I did a little bit of searching but obviously if I had found an answer, I wouldn't be posting this. So, it would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with this.

SlaughterDog, Nov 26, 2008
  2. SlaughterDog

SlaughterDog

Got it working by installing ath5k drivers.

SlaughterDog, Nov 26, 2008
  3. SlaughterDog

alexissinglaire

Hi Friend,

Can you give me the url link for the athk5 driver for the AOA150 wireless setup for ubuntu?

Thank you.

alexissinglaire, Dec 1, 2008
  4. SlaughterDog

RockDoctor

It's in the Ubuntu repositories. Assuming you have the 2.6.27-7-generic kernel, then from a terminal window:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-2.6.27-7-generic

RockDoctor, Dec 1, 2008
Ask a Question