Wireless not picking up network.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by spud42, Jan 7, 2010.

1. spud42

spud42

I know that there have been problems with the wireless drivers and i have read several threads and downloaded several drivers . I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times over the last week.
    My problem is that on cold boot the notification area icon pops up saying a network has been found but when i click on the balloon and it starts the windows wireless connection it states that there are no networks in range.
    This has been consistent with several drivers. Current driver is Atheros 5007EG 20/5/2008 Ver 7.6.0.24 . AOA150 XP home 160G HDD

any ideas on how to go about fixing this? I cant be out of range when i am 1m away from the router and my iPaq and my PSP can both link up to the wireless router. Router is a NETGEAR CG614WG v3 supplied by Bigpond with my cable service.

EDIT :-
    As i use this for work i have just installed our copy of Win7 enterprise. all i can say is WOW !!! found everything and just works.... picked up the wireless and connected to my home network no problems just had to tell it the access code... wonderful.. i dont know if its because its new but it seems more responsive than the XP home that was on it. nicer than the Vista Ultimate i have on my main comp at home... thats the next for Win 7 !!!!!

spud42, Jan 7, 2010
Ask a Question