Wireless LAN switch and screen brightness! :)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Steffie575, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Steffie575

Steffie575

Hello all. I just got my Aspire One today. My question may seem OCD to most, but it's bugging me, haha. The wireless LAN communication indicator button at the bottom on the front of the laptop is pretty wiggly feeling and feels sorta "loose". Compared to my sister's Aspire one at least. Hers is a little wiggly but not as much as mine. Weird? Should I be worried about future breakage? It seems to work fine regardless of being wiggly though.

Second question. Why does the screen get so much darker once the power cord is unplugged? While plugged in, the screen is very bright. Unplugged, not so much. Is this normal? Any settings that I am unaware of to fix this?

Third question I just thought of. How exactly do I charge the battery? By just leaving it plugged into the power cord? Is it safe for me to do all night? Or shorter than that? Sorry guys, this is my first laptop, haha.

Thanks!!!!

Steffie575, Feb 19, 2009
  2. Steffie575

daldred

If it was mine I'd probably rather have a les wiggly one, but it's your decision - if you're worried about it take it back and see if the store will swap it for another one!

It's saving power by reducing screen brightness. How to get to any settings will depend ont he operating system you have installed.

Yes: plug it in and it charges. It charges fairly quickly if you're not using it at the time, more slowly if you are using it at the same time.

Mine's often left plugged in overnight to charge and it's not showing any signs of trouble!

daldred, Feb 19, 2009
Ask a Question