Wireless internet for Acer espire one

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kartsia, Jul 15, 2008.

1. kartsia

kartsia

Wireless internet for Acer espire one, after XP conversion, is not working.

Drivers WLAN are loaded. Are there any possible ideas to fix it?

kartsia, Jul 15, 2008
  2. kartsia

Flaterik

After the installation of windows the led don't work but the wireless is working done. Try to use the button and then try to search wireless connection.

Flaterik, Jul 15, 2008
  3. kartsia

rscutaru

Yup the button work but the led does not, there is a new driver for the led to work I believe in the driver section

rscutaru, Jul 17, 2008
  4. kartsia

KiNG

try this one http://www.humyo.com/F/240597-163377601

KiNG, Jul 18, 2008
  5. kartsia

Zippo

anyone fixed the LED issue?

Zippo, Jul 18, 2008
  6. kartsia

zxt

How do I install the WLAN driver? I mean I got the driver already but theres no set up file like the other drivers (LAN, AUDIO, VGA, etc...)

I can't find the WLAN also on device manager. To make it worse, the LED doesn't work so how would I know if it's turned on or not.

Help!

zxt, Jul 19, 2008
  7. kartsia

Jefri

Go to control panel ->system->hardware->device manager->network adapters->atheros bla bla bla and then double click on it
    Choose the driver section->update driver->install from a list or spesific location->next->search for the best driver in these locations check the box include this location in the search [browse where do u extract the wlan driver] ->next->wait a moment and just let the windows choose by itself and next again...done!

U can try the new driver by switching on the wlan,and what the result is the lamp turn on for a few seconds and go blinking...
    :mrgreen:

Jefri, Jul 19, 2008
  8. kartsia

ineedaname

I loaded the proper drivers but I still can't view any wireless networks.

Doesn't matter how many times I push the wireless button it still don't work.

Any1 have it working in XP wanna show me EXACTLY which driver they used?

*edit*

Even better... somehow the LED works now and the button works too but the wireless still won't detect anything....

*edit*

Ok after even more testing I've found that it DOES detect wireless networks but it just won't show in windows. After installing artheros client utility I'm able to view networks in that utility. Now i just need to find out how to get it to work in windows wireless zero configuration. If anyone knows something please let me know!!!

*edit*

GREAT news. Seems like i got the wireless 2 work mostly and even the LED works! If you install the 5007EG drivers the LED works. How I got my wireless 2 work was by installing the atheros utility client.
    What was happening was that the Atheros drivers were somehow disabling windows WZC so that i couldn't see any wireless networks. Now that I installed Atheros Utility Client I can use it to connect 2 the internet.
    The only drawback is that I HAVE to use it to connect 2 the internet and can't use WZC. Well at least it works but if some1 knows how 2 make it so that WZC works that would be great.

ineedaname, Jul 20, 2008
  9. kartsia

supergata

I'm having the exact same problem. Where did you get the Atheros Utility Client you referred to in your post? (mostly because I've been banging my head against the wall for the last 2 weeks trying to figure this out) but what made you decide to install the Atheros Utility Client?

BTW, --- My AR5007EG wireless adapter was working great until my support for my new router suggested I update my Atheros wireless adapter drivers to fix the problem. HA! I can't believe I thought that would help. All it did was knock out my "View Wireless Networks" capability, which up to now had been working beautifully.

supergata, Jan 6, 2011
Ask a Question