Wireless Fails to hold connection

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by scott26985, Jan 1, 2009.

1. scott26985

scott26985

I have just installed XP to my Acer Aspire One and its built-in Wireless adapter is failing to hold the connection to my home network (even when its sitting next to the router!). It will contect but lose it again after about 5mins

Any ideas?

scott26985, Jan 1, 2009
  2. scott26985

caulktel

I cant remember which thread it was, but there is a new WiFi driver available from Acer's site that should solve that problem. When I first got mine AA1 150 I had the same problem. I upgraded the driver and all is well now. Do a search you should be able to find it.

caulktel, Jan 1, 2009
  3. scott26985

azz2811

i had the same problem to and i just downloaded this driver from the acer support website and now it is absolutley fine

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/ ... =&areaid=2

just uninstall the old driver ( even if this is the same one as you have installed) and the reboot and then install this driver and then robbot agian and you should be set!!

hope his helps

azz2811, Jan 1, 2009
  4. scott26985

OlavH

I had the same problem when buying the A150 here in Norway. After an upgrade of the bios the problem disappered.
    After upgrade I now use bios 3305.

I am using dual boot using Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux 8.10.
    Under Linux I can not find the internal wi-fi, but use an external usb-wifi from Linksys.

OlavH, Jan 1, 2009
  5. scott26985

scourdx

I've used the wifi driver from Windows update website and it seems to be unstable and keep on giving me failed connection. When I install the wifi driver from Acer website, it seems to work more stable.

scourdx, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question