Wireless drivers for Vista for a D250?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LEGOManiac, Apr 10, 2010.

1. LEGOManiac

LEGOManiac

I just bought a Aspire One D250. It came with Windows 7, but I decided to put a hard disk in from a dead laptop that had Vista on it. I re-installed Vista from the Anytime Upgrade disk but I can't use the wireless. I have since gone to the Acer FTP site and downloaded and installed all the drivers (including ones I didn't actually need) but still no wireless.

The endless Windows Updates haven't helped yet either.

I note that the Acer site does not officially include drivers for this model for Vista - just XP and Windows 7.

Does anyone know how to get the wireless drivers for this netbook?

By the way, when I try to use a network it says I don't have wireless turned on, yet when I use the wireless on/off switch, the icon appears on the screen to show it being turned on or off. The little light just above the switch does NOT turn on at any point. As an interesting side note, Right after installing Vista, neither the network port nor the wireless worked. I ended up using an external USB network adapter to download the drivers from Acer. After downloading them and installing them, I got the use of the ethernet port back, and partial use of the wireless (that is to say - some sort of response to the switch) so obviously it's a driver problem.

Windows 7 and Ubuntu do not have any problems with either network adapter.

LEGOManiac, Apr 10, 2010
Ask a Question