Wireless Adapter gone suddenly

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by linkel83, Oct 11, 2009.

1. linkel83

linkel83

Dear users,

I'm a acer user from the Netherlands. I'm using the Acer Aspire 5920 with Vista Home for over 2 years now and never had any problems.

2 days ago, wireless internet shut down suddenly and I couldn't get it working again. I reboot the machine and tried it again, however nothing helped.

I normally use the buttons one the left hand side of the notebook but when I press the "wireless button" it says "no device". When I look at my hardwarelist in My computer --> properties --> device list, there is no wireless adapter shown.

It seems the adapter is gone, or has lost the connection to the notebook. I'm really curious to solve this issue and get it back working again. I downloaded the network drivers from the acer website but my notebook refuses to install them.

Maybe you have faced this problem before and can help me further finding a solution.

Best regards,

Laurens

linkel83, Oct 11, 2009
Ask a Question