WinXP + Audio auto jack sensing (headphones)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Vikking, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Vikking

Vikking

I installed XP on my One the other day and i'm having a slight issue with the audio drivers. When I plug in my headphones, I don't get any sound untill I do a reboot and even then, if I remove the headphones it switches back to the speakers but if I plug them back in again I get nothing till I reboot. I did some searching on the forum and did not find anything so I'm wondering if it's just me or is everyone having the same issue? I'm using the Audio_Realtek_v.5.10.0.5628 drivers and I have the 8GB SSD model (110 I think). Has anyone had similar issues? was there any way to resolve it?

What drivers does the 150 (the XP,HDD model) use? does it have the same sound card?

It's just kinda frustrating cause I use it to watch movies sometimes and hate having to reboot it every time.

Thx in advance!

Vikking, Aug 18, 2008
  2. Vikking

ginguskahn

This is probably down to the crappy realtek software that gets installed, did you install drivers only or did you run the setup.exe in the driver file you downloaded?

If the latter, try messing with the settings in audio (click the icon in your taskbar). I will try it myself shortly and post back.

Edit: Hmm sorry, I can't seem to recreate the problem, have you tried removing the realtek hd audio software from add remove programs, rebooting and reinstalling it?
    (this is presuming you did install the software) or better still try uninstalling the software, then rebooting and re-adding just the drivers alone when prompted? That realtek software takes up 25mb of system ram anyway :lol:

ginguskahn, Aug 18, 2008
  3. Vikking

Vikking

I was able to solve the problem by re-installing the audio drivers. Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help ginguskahn!

Vikking, Sep 22, 2008
Ask a Question