WinXP 8GB SSD recovery partition??

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Growler, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Growler

Growler

Hi! I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, but I did do a search for this....

I need to know if my stock WinXP 8GB SSD comes with a recovery partition. I need to do a full system restore, because I need to return it to Fry's, and they won't take it back if it hasn't been restored...

The reason I'm asking is because doing Fn+F10 during POST doesn't do a thing. I DO have D2D enabled in the bios.

I notice that there are indeed two partitions on my SSD: one partition is about 8GB, and the other is only 84MB or so. This seems waaaay too small to be an actual "recovery partition" for a full restore. However the guy at Fry's insists that the SSD model does indeed have a recovery partition -- and that if I've erased it, or ruined it, and cannot do a full restore, they will not take it back.

Please help! Can someone definitively tell me if the 8GB SSD WinXP model has a recovery partition (like I said, frankly there doesn't not seem to be enough physical space on the drive...) and if NOT, provide an official link at Acer or something, so that I can print this info out when I try to return this aa1.

Alternatively, can someone provide a virgin recovery image for the WinXP SSD model (110)??

FYI, I actually want to exchange my aa1 -- I love it, but my fan is defective, and reaaally loud. Right now I'm within my 15 exchange/return period, but I need to find a way to do a complete restore in the next day or so, so I can exchange it at Fry's and get one with a normal/quiet fan.

Can anyone help? Again, sorry if this question has been asked. And again, the 8GB model simply doesn't seem to have enough space for a recovery partition, and Fn+F10 doesn't do anything, even though D2D is enabled.....

eric

Growler, Jan 12, 2009
  2. Growler

GvidoR

Try going to Disk Management by right clicking My Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management.
    If there's a partition ~450 - ~ 650 MB then you have it, if not - you don't!

GvidoR, Jan 12, 2009
  3. Growler

Growler

Nope, don't have it. I DO have a 2nd partition, but it's only about 84MB. That's how I got it from Fry's...

I never really thought I HAD a recovery partition, but wanted some verification, because Fry's was insistent that they wouldn't take it back unless it had been restored. I tried telling him that it didn't have a recovery partition, but he didn't believe me....

Growler, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question