Windows7 Upgrade, no wireless even w/ new driver

Discussion in 'Networking' started by spiral_out, May 27, 2010.

1. spiral_out

spiral_out

I've got an AO model number 532h-2527. I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. I can plug in with an ethernet cable butcan't get a wireless connection. It says "No connections are available" even though I'm using my laptop right now and connected to my network. The network card is an Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20).

First I thought maybe the driver was corrupted or something, so I replaced it with the most recent version on the Acer website. Then I thought maybe there was a wireless switch on the side that got bumped, but there isn't one. F2 has a function that shows a wireless icon, but when I hit Fn+F2 nothing seems to happen.

Anyone got any other ideas?

spiral_out, May 27, 2010
  2. spiral_out

DiSK

Does it work in a Linux OS?

DiSK, May 27, 2010
  3. spiral_out

spiral_out

I booted up Ubuntu from a USB Drive and it connected just fine. That actually helps a little since now I can at least get some use out of it. I'd still like to fix the problem though.

What now? :mrgreen:

spiral_out, May 29, 2010
  4. spiral_out

bluevolume

I'm posting from my 532h on Windows 7 as we speak, so I can confirm that it does work. I remember that I did have some trouble getting the wireless going when I first installed 7, but once I got the driver from the Acer site everything was fine. You could check laptopvideo2go.com for some newer ones, but the Acer ones should work.

Does the wireless board show up in the device manager? Even if its not working it should show up there, needing attention.

bluevolume, May 30, 2010
Ask a Question