Windows will expire soon

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Personablue, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Personablue

Personablue

I bought a laptop with pre-installed Win 8.1 x64. I was about to upgrade to the free Win 10 upgrade but since last two days I have been getting the Your windows will expire soon pop up message. Any idea? Should I upgrade to win 10 or should I do something about the pop up message first.

Personablue, Mar 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. Personablue

Sefie

That is very weird, you should have taken a screenshot and posted it here, I use the same Windows version but no weird message so far. I did get a message letting me know they would be upgrading me automatically to Windows 10 soon, luckily today I had the choice to cancel it. The nerve of those people!

Sefie, Mar 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. Personablue

something back

[QUOTE="Personablue, post: 128521, member: 58086" Your windows will expire soon pop up message. Any idea? Should I upgrade to win 10 or should I do something about the pop up message first.[/QUOTE]

Go to the search section top right hand side and type activation ,

“activate windows”

something back, Mar 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. Personablue

oraclemay

This surprises me. Surely laptops are sold with the package that does not expire? I am wondering how many have had this experience. I did once some time ago and it completely stopped working. I thought it was a fault, but it seems not!

oraclemay, Mar 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. Personablue

IBMPC8088

If you already have a valid key and it's not working, then call Microsoft and see if they can get it to validate while on the phone with you. If it doesn't validate like it should and Microsoft doesn't help you despite the fact that you bought it legally and/or it came with the computer, then look up something called Daz Loader which can help you to validate it like it should be.

It was made to help with situations like this when you bought a legal copy or key, but Microsoft products aren't allowing you to register it as it should.

You shouldn't use Daz if you don't have a legal key of course, but if you do, there shouldn't be any harm in using that since you own a legal copy of it and have every right for it to continue working and not expire on you.

IBMPC8088, Mar 20, 2016
  6. Personablue

artyarson

Get yourself some "crack". Not the drug, of course :D They usually solve the problem you're currently stuck with.

artyarson, Mar 20, 2016
  7. Personablue

Ian Administrator

Please lets avoid mentioning software that could be used to help pirate things on the forum - I understand why it feels like it's a useful tool given the the license is actually valid, but promotion of cracks/illegal software can get the forums in to a lot of trouble.

In instances with licensing problems, I've always found MS phone help to be surprisingly efficient. There should be a phone number for your country on the activation page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929) and they should be able to help :).

Ian, Mar 21, 2016
  8. Personablue

fcuco

I've never come across a message like that before, can you post the actual message text verbatim? The only thing that comes close to resembling something that has to do with Windows expiring is the fact that they stop giving it support and they warm you about it well in advance and this will never affect an OEM pre installed Windows. Was this a second hand buy?

Since you mentioned 8.1 I will tell you to go ahead and update to 10 because 8.1 is the worst thing that happened to the world after Windows Vista, so much so that actually some vendors offered you the possibility to downgrade to Windows 7 from windows 8.1 with your purchase of a new machine. I don't know if they offer that service anymore.

fcuco, Mar 23, 2016
  9. Personablue

SirJoe

That is the first time I have heard of something like this, you normally get that sort of message fro m office, but not from windows itself. When you buy a new laptop the windows is already included in the final price.

SirJoe, Mar 26, 2016
  10. Personablue

Personablue

I never got any key with the package. They sold my laptop as a Win8.1 OS pre-loaded.
    Moreover it hasn't been even a year, i bought it @june of 2015.
    "Activate Windows" Go to PC setting to activate, when I go, and click activate then nothing happens

Personablue, Mar 28, 2016
  11. Personablue

ElegantMew

I think you should upgrade to Windows 10, it's a free upgrade and personally it's easy to get use to.

ElegantMew, Apr 11, 2016
Ask a Question