Windows Vista Aero/Internet

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DCL, Sep 7, 2008.

1. DCL

DCL

i Installed Windows Vista ultimate ( Scaled down version to 2.65 GB) , I INstalled the Intel Video Driver (Offical Xp one) , I Stil Dont get Aero!

512 Ram
    8Gb SSD
    1GB SSD

How Would I get Aero?

i also Installed the WLAN Driver but i dont get internet al All! Idk Wut to do, i Like vista a lot!

how wud i get Internet?

Regards
    DCL

DCL, Sep 7, 2008
  2. DCL

judeh101

you can get Graphics Media Accelerator driver for vista on intel's website..

judeh101, Sep 7, 2008
  3. DCL

kdl

The XP driver from Acer only works for XP. If you have LAN installed you can perform an update through Vista update service and it will install a new driver for your WiFi. Otherwise search for Atheros drivers with version 7.6.0.172

kdl, Sep 7, 2008
  4. DCL

Nosferatu

I'm running Vista Home premium w/SP1(clean and full install) and used the driver for XP to enable the Wlan (ver. 7.6.0.224), but can't use the one from Vista upgrade, so I had to make a rollback of drivers. I also use the Intel Graphic driver Winvista_1583 (found a link on this forum, can't remeber where), and now I can use Aero, after updated my hardware at Windows Experience Index (is 2,7 now).

DCL, I don't know if 512MB ram is enough to run Aero, I think min. is 1GB ram. But you can try.

EDIT: See this blog for info http://jblarg.blogspot.com/2008/08/inst ... ndows.html
    scroll down to "Notes about drivers" for links to drivers.

Nosferatu, Sep 7, 2008
  5. DCL

DCL

Thnx you guys were a big help! :) This forum is sweet!

and BTW , My other Laptop has 512 and running vista Premium and it has aero! idk y?

I have Aero on my asoire one, with 512 ram

DCL, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question