Windows Updates problem. (And windows live)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by keef319, Oct 17, 2008.

1. keef319

keef319

Hi all.

I've installed XP on my A150, no probs, did a loads of updates, SP3 is on etc.

However, the other day I downloaded a load more updates through the windows update site, only they won't install. I've tried a few times and they just keep failing. The download files are stored somewhere, as it never needs to download the files again, but then it just keeps failing when I try.

I was thinking if I could remove those files, and download again I might have some luck (corrupt files or something).

Doesn anybody know where those files are stored?

I'm hoping this might help the other problem, that I can't install Windows Live. I've the the WLMinstaller, but that also fails to install. Any ideas??

T.I.A

Keef

keef319, Oct 17, 2008
  2. keef319

MR650

Try installing the Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

There's a KB that should address failed installation, but I don't have it in front of me. Try searching for installer failures / MSI.

You should also be able to individually download files from the MS download/catalog sites if you take some time to look around.

MR650, Oct 17, 2008
Ask a Question