Windows update 1607

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Swillcock, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Swillcock

Swillcock

Hi - hopefully someone can help!
    Cut long story short bought acer laptop Dec 16 with windows 10, this weekend tried to install update 1607 and it has crashed the laptop, took it to repair shop & they said can't do it & to return it to manufacturer - I'm just worried acer will blame either me or Microsoft - anyone assist with how to approach this or any info at all please - tia

Swillcock, Mar 8, 2017
  2. Swillcock

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Acer's have a recovery partition: Try pressing the power button and then press the f10 key repeatedly if the partition is uncorrupted then you should be able to recover your system to the factory settings..

The shop seems not to be up to scratch avoid them in future

You could also try restoring it using a recovery dvd which is available online for free
    here's the link

https://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Microsoft-Windows-and-Office-ISO-Download-Tool/1467397598/1

You could do a fresh install using this software if you have the serial number.

Here's some textual help

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowle...n-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

something back, Mar 9, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  3. Swillcock

Swillcock

Thanks for your reply - it's an acer switch so there's no DVD - going to get a 2nd opinion tomorrow anyway.
    Was just concerned that if I explain to acer what has happened they will pass the buck into Microsoft because it was the windows update that's crashed it or say it was my error - I only did what the damn update told me to

Swillcock, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Swillcock

something back

something back, Mar 10, 2017
Ask a Question