Windows Explorer Error Message

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Chazzunusmaven, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Chazzunusmaven

Chazzunusmaven

hi,

When i insert my sandisk 4gb flashdrive, and i go to open the drive, i get a windows explorer has experienced a problem and must close. This happens with the flash drive and also with my sd card from my BB. this did not happen b4, anyone have any idea why this is happening now?

Chazzunusmaven, Apr 29, 2010
  2. Chazzunusmaven

melhiore

Can you try to reformat one of them two things and check again?? I had similar problem some time ago, reformat cured the issue...

melhiore, Apr 29, 2010
  3. Chazzunusmaven

Chazzunusmaven

Thanks,

It's funny that when i insert the flashdrive in the computer that i am copying from the internet to transfer to my acer, specially when it's an mp3 file, as i don't have an external cd/dvd drive.

The fd works fine on the "receiving" pc but when i put it in the acer i get the windows explorer error message and the drive shuts down and i can't access anything from the drive on the acer.

Any ideas? It's very frustrating as i have a great number of songs on the fd.

Chazzunusmaven, Apr 30, 2010
  4. Chazzunusmaven

Swarvey Moderator

Try uninstalling the card reader from Device manager, downloading the latest drivers and reinstalling it. Could be a corrupted driver issue.

Swarvey, Apr 30, 2010
Ask a Question