Windows doesn`t keep correct "time" in taskbar

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Citrone, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Citrone

Citrone

Hi,

I have noticed that the Windows time display on the taskbar (Windows 7) doesn`t keep the correct time...I have constantly altered the time and used the syncronise with Internet Time facility but although the time updates and keeps time for the duration of laptop "on" time as soon as it is turned off or rebooted the time has stopped at the time the laptop was last switched off...I have altered the settings from "Manual" to "Automatic"in the "Services" utility but all to no avail...does anybody know how to fix this please ?

I am using an Acer D255E netbook with Windows 7 starter OS...hope you can help.

Thanks,

Citrone, Mar 28, 2015
  2. Citrone

something back

The CMOS battery (motherboard battery) could need changing

something back, Mar 29, 2015
  3. Citrone

Citrone

Hi and thanks for your reply...

Unfortunately my cmos battery is soldered to the motherboard...no idea if it can be changed...eek !

I also read that this is a common problem and have downloaded a utility that claims to fix the problem...but then there are further problems to be encountered with ssd certificates (whatever they are) and user account settings..when I tried to update the time via the Internet Syncronisation thingy a message came up telling me I am denied access as I don`t have the authority on my laptop..never mind that I am the ONLY user and the ONLY account on the laptop...so,I went and did a fresh install to see if that would fix it (as it is really annoying) but even after the re-install, NO,not a chance !!

There`s nothing ever easy,huh ?

Citrone, Mar 29, 2015
  4. Citrone

something back

You can obtain, and have a new cmos battery resoldered, places like ebay should sell them.
    If you can not solder a computer/tv repair shop could be your best bet.

Here's a YouTube disassembly video link.

You mentioned other problems?

To run a program as an administrator just right click on it, and choose run as an administrator.

Your problems may lie in the ssd drives formatting structure, and the way it is handling your programs?

Setting up a ssd drive can be tricky,they require a different type of formatting,free programs
    are available. Have you installed the ssd yourself?

This link will provide you with aomei partition assistant.

http://www.aomeitech.com/aomei-partition-assistant.html

something back, Mar 29, 2015
  5. Citrone

Citrone

Hi and many thanks for your reply...I`ll check out the links...I can do a little soldering and can attempt this easily enough I think...but I read online from several sites,including microsoft tech forum,that it is also sometimes to do with a Windows "server" problem and that it is encountered regularly...sometimes it is resolved and sometimes not...I have sorted out the problems of "administrator" accounts etc with the fresh install so at least that is solved...I happen to have an exact same Acer model that is non functioning so depending on the price I will perhaps salvage from the motherboard...thanks again.

Citrone, Mar 30, 2015
Ask a Question