windows 8 problems with hardware

Discussion in 'Acer' started by rogleale, Nov 4, 2012.

1. rogleale

rogleale

My aspire was running Windows 7 64 bit OK then I decided to install Windows 8 64 bit. Big mistake!
    Windows 8 only recognises the video set-up as a generic non PnP monitor and will only allow it to be 1024 x 768 resolution instead of its native 1440 x 990 resolution. Everything is distorted.
    Neither nVidia or Microsoft can provide a different driver and the Acer driver download only lists Vista 32 bit drivers.
    Has anybody here had the same problem and found an answer?

Roger:confused:

rogleale, Nov 4, 2012
  2. rogleale

something back

Using google search and typing "nVidia drivers for windows 8 64"

Many sites list updated drivers some listing new nVidia drivers dated 02/10/12

NOT MY SUBJECT SORRY HOPE IT HELPS.

something back, Nov 4, 2012
  3. rogleale

Ian Administrator

I took a look at the 9300 series spec sheet (link) and it mentions the NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 6100.

There are only drivers listed for XP/Vista on the NVidia site for that chipset - but you may have luck with the Vista/W7 x64 drivers. I took a guess on the nForce version, but I think you may have some success with these chipset drivers:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_15.49_uk.html

Worth a shot anyway :)

Ian, Nov 8, 2012
Ask a Question