Windows 8 does not go to sleep

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Walter Garcia, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Walter Garcia

Walter Garcia

Hi All,

I have Dell Inspiron 3148 which is running with Windows 8 OS.
    Since I have installed Windows Updates, system doesn't go to Sleep Mode.
    I tried to wake it up with Mouse and Keyboard but did not work. I checked on web and found that Keyboard and Mouse setting does help in waking up the computer, so I went to settings and checked the option 'use this device to wake up the computer' but nothing has changed.

Please help.

Regards,
    Walter Garcia

Walter Garcia, Jan 4, 2016
  2. Walter Garcia

something back

In the search section type power options,look at the list on the left hand side
    ,and alter the what the power buttons do.

I personally don't like the sleep option it can sometimes lock the
    machine.

something back, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Walter Garcia

Walter Garcia

Hi,

I tried but it did not work. I went to keyboard and mouse options properties in Control Panel. Checked the option 'Use this device to wake up the system' and now its working.

Walter Garcia, Feb 21, 2016
  4. Walter Garcia

Benoit W

I wаs еxpеriеnсing thе sаmе prоblеm аftеr upgrаding tо WIndоws 8.1. "Pоwеrсfg -rеquеsts" wаs nоt shоwing аnything аnd "pоwеrсfg -еnеrgy" didn't rеpоrt аnything prеvеnting thе соmputеr frоm аutоmаtiсаlly gоing tо slееp. Аs оthеrs indiсаtеd, thе соmputеr wоuld gо tо slееp finе whеn mаnuаlly triggеrеd.

Finаlly tоdаy аftеr sееing thе suggеstiоn оn аnоthеr bоаrd, I wеnt intо thе Pоwеr Оptiоns аnd сhаngеd thе Link Stаtе Pоwеr Mаnаgеmеnt diаlоg in thе PСI Еxprеss саtеgоry frоm Оff (in my саsе tо Mоdеrаtе pоwеr sаvings). Thаt fixеd my prоblеms. It's bееn hаlf а dаy nоw, аnd thе соmputеr hаs gоnе thrоugh sеvеrаl сyсlеs оf rеbооt, suссеssful аutо slееp, wаkе, аnd subsеquеnt аutо slееp сyсlеs withоut issuе. I аm hоpеful еnаbling thе АSPM will sоlvе sоmе оf thе issuеs pоstеd by оthеrs hеrе.

I hаvе аn АMD А10-5800K СPU аnd аn F2А85-M Prо Аsus mоthеrbоаrd, running 64-bit Windоws 8.1 Prо with Mеdiа Сеntеr.

Benoit W, Mar 26, 2016
Ask a Question