Windows 7 won't shut up about 10 ...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GearZ, Oct 20, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ

On a couple boxes I have running on Windows 7 here, I constantly see the message to "upgrade" to Windows 10.* I am not seeing a way to tell it "no" and have it stop asking. I've googled it, but have not turned up much. Anyone know how?

* This one:

[​IMG]

GearZ, Oct 20, 2015
  2. GearZ

Sefie

Sefie, Oct 21, 2015
  3. GearZ

thess

My windows 8 keeps giving me notifications about 10 upgrade as well. I'm too scared to try it because what I have now is so user friendly. I'm worried it'll be hard to get used to. I looked up reviews and it looks like it'd be too much for me.

thess, Oct 23, 2015
  4. GearZ

GearZ

Thank you for the link, Sefie. The GWX control panel seems to have done the trick. What a pain in the neck. There is aggressive marketing and then there is plain old harassment. The Windows 10 window is the latter, in my humble opinion.

Thess, I hear your concerns. I've used 10 quite a bit in testing at work and I'm not all that impressed. It is not a bad OS and is way better than, say, Windows 8 or (shudder) Vista. But it offers nothing I need over Windows 7, which is fast and reliable for my purposes.

GearZ, Dec 9, 2015
Ask a Question