Windows 7 RC1 Working Volume Control

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hDy, May 4, 2009.

1. hDy

hDy

The fix for this is really easy, Download Launch Manager from the acer site http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...ek_2.0.04_XPx86.zip?acerid=633639843284858758 should work.. if not just find it yourself, your looking for LM_Dritek_2.0.04_XPx86.zip Anyways once you have it downloaded and extracted you will notice you can't just run the Setup.exe it says "OS Not Supported" so right-click on Setup.exe go to properties and check "Compatability Mode" I'm sure lots of the diffrent os's will work for this, but I selected Simply "Vista" then you can double-click Setup.exe and it will install without question, after a reboot your volume control will work as usual :)

hDy, May 4, 2009
  2. hDy

listeve

I was able to install launch manager using compatibility mode but the only function key working is the "mouse pad disable" key. All other function keys becomes disabled. I can't even raise/lower the volume using function keys. At the end, I had to uninstall launch manager to get my function keys working again.

listeve, Jul 13, 2009
  3. hDy

ashram

i can use my volume control and the touchpad disable, and mute with no problem using win7 on my d250, BUT i did install the actual sound drivers and did not stay with the default driver win7 installs

ashram, Jul 15, 2009
  4. hDy

jackluo923

You don't need to install Launch Manager in order to control the volume. In fact, you don't need anything beside the OS itself. LOL

Unless you're talking about the ugly on screen display.

jackluo923, Jul 15, 2009
  5. hDy

listeve

You are right that I don't need to install anything to get the volume control working. However, I do like those "UGLY" online display so that I can tell what level my volume control is at when I raise/lower volume using the function key. It is also very helpful for me to see what external display mode is set at when I toggle the external display button. I did find out that using the "Windows" key + "P" will display on-screen the choices of external display connection. This is a Windows 7 feature. I do missed those on-screen displays without launch manager.

listeve, Jul 20, 2009
  6. hDy

wongnog

+1. I miss the onscreen volume level, however I wish they weren't so "ugly" and more "pretty" like the new Macbook Pros. I do hope someone can make a hack of the launch manager or at least Acer releases a new version.. I did notice the onscreen display works for all the Fn-F keys like System Properties and Device Manager, but just not for screen brightness and volume control. As I don't find any of those displays useful, I'll be uninstalling Launch Manager in my Win7 setup.

wongnog, Aug 11, 2009
  7. hDy

PhAndrew

there is a program called 3rvx which has customizable skins. latest one is 2.5

PhAndrew, Oct 8, 2009
Ask a Question