Windows 7 Performance: Is there a big diff with memory?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Mithan, May 21, 2009.

1. Mithan

Mithan

I just bought an AOD150 and installed Windows 7 and it works pretty good.

I am curious if the upgrade to 2gb will make a noticable big difference or not?

Thanks.

Mithan, May 21, 2009
  2. Mithan

Tamrac

Not really, if all you're running are apps that don't need alot of RAM. Win7 OS uses about 500mb RAM for it's core components. So that leaves you with 500mb+ of usable memory for everything else, w/c is enough for most applications. More RAM is always good, so if you can make it 2gb, why not... that way you can run more apps at the same time. And still not use alot of the slower swap file. :)

Tamrac, May 22, 2009
  3. Mithan

sdelliott31

Interesting enough. I was wondering if this should be moved to the Win 7 thread. However I posted this somewhere in that thread that XP runs about 220mb of core with yahoo widgets and it seems about 600mb to run Win7. I have 1.5 RAM and it looks like 512mb is set aside as shared memory for video. The only noticeable thing I notice is not the speeds of the operating system loaded up, rather the games don't run well on on Windows 7.

sdelliott31, May 22, 2009
Ask a Question