Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SirJoe, Apr 25, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe

Windows 10 has just made a big upgrade and it's a bit different then it was before. The tiles that used to be on the start menu have gone. To access the menu in the start button we have to press the right mouse button instead of the left mouse button.
    These are the bigger changes I have found, have you found anything else that is different?

SirJoe, Apr 25, 2016
  2. SirJoe

Jonathan Jenkins

There are quite a few comments on the Microsoft site - many different problems have been cropping up this month. Seems like there have been 2 major updates. I haven't noticed anything on my laptop; the Start Menu certainly hasn't changed anyway!

Jonathan Jenkins, Apr 25, 2016
  3. SirJoe

CaptainOblivious

Are you sure this is the case? I have been running Windows 10 with all updates and haven't noticed anything as such. There have been major updates, but the only things that have really changed are cosmetic changes.

CaptainOblivious, Apr 27, 2016
  4. SirJoe

Sefie

Yikes, that sounds awful? How unnecessary was that! I mean, why not just keep it like it was? So now you need to click with your right mouse button instead of the left one, wow how novel of them... xD Oh yes, not regretting one bit not having upgraded.

Sefie, Apr 27, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. SirJoe

sharatharadhya

I Upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. So I don't find any major differences except for the visual UI. I am sure that there are a lot of changes that have been made under the OS which I won't notice. I really like the idea of the Action Center for al the notifications. I can easily find my way through Windows 10 more than I could with Windows 7. The Search bar at the bottom is very helpful although it is not as powerful as the one found on Apple's OS X. I really like all the changes that have been made inside to provide a Solid Windows Experience that too for free.

sharatharadhya, Apr 27, 2016
  6. SirJoe

IBMPC8088

I was just paid to remove Windows 10 from a system and put Windows 7 on it for someone a few nights ago. It had Microsoft's recent junk on it fully compromised er, 'updated', and while the tiles were there, it went back and forth and often disappeared on them to where they couldn't use it correctly and the mouse did change from the normal (since the late 1980's) left mouse button for standard click to right-click for no reason. I no longer call anything from Windows an upgrade at all, but merely an unnecessary change to burden and hinder the users. Not to mention the fact that they try to own all of the things on your computer legally for accepting their 'free' OS....often without your consent when downgraded to it in the middle of the night...they can keep their free junk and their downgrades as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't downgrade to their latest change if I were you, but then again I wouldn't use Windows 10 period.

IBMPC8088, Apr 29, 2016
    SirJoe likes this.
  7. SirJoe

SirJoe

Sorry for not answering earlier, everything is sort of back to normal. It really took a very long time to do the "upgrade". When I started using it there were some errors and I thought that they had made some big changes. Not realizing they were just errors. I still get an error with one of the licenses of one of the graphic programs that I normally run, but besides that it's business like usual.

SirJoe, May 2, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
Ask a Question