Windows 10 updating drivers automatically?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Personablue, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Personablue

Personablue

I recently upgraded my win 8.1 to windows 10 and since then my internet speed has come to a crawl. I know this is due to Windows 10 automatically updating drivers for each and every hardware/software. My question is how to prevent/stop this? I cant find any option of turning off windows update like I used to find on Windows 8.1. Can somebody please help?

Personablue, Mar 6, 2016
  2. Personablue

something back

Welcome to the laptop-forums site

“NOTE THIS PROGRAM IS NOT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LITTLE COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE”.

That's why I have never listed it before.

There's a program called “W10 PRIVACY” in the programs section called
    “tweaks” you can disable it ,you can always change back at any time.

You will have to run the program in “RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR”
    this can be achieved by right clicking on the program after installation.

http://snapfiles.com/get/win10privacy.html

something back, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Personablue

djtech

First of all choose "Metered connection" even if yours is not a metered connection. This will stop windows in its tracks. Then,

Go to the drivers section and choose no: To access this option, open the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Control Panel. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings. Click the Hardware tab, click Device Installation Settings, and select the “No, let me choose what to do option

Also, delete all apps you don't need and make sure you go to the privacy section to stop any "extra" data sharing.

Finally, send a mail to Microsoft telling them to buzz off with the updates :p

djtech, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Personablue

Personablue

Thank you so much, both of you, it worked.
    Finally, my browsing speed has returned to normal after being sluggish for so many days.
    And yes, definitely I will surely send a mail to microsoft, it was really a sick move, not everyone lives with 10Mbps 1st world countries.

Personablue, Mar 7, 2016
Ask a Question