Windows 10 start menu doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SirJoe, May 18, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe

I have been having some problems with my start menu. After the last upgrade that was performed on my computer it just stopped working. Then it started working again only for it to stop again a week later.
    Fortunately if you click with your right mouse button you have access to a classic start menu and you can use your start menu that way. I searched the net to see if anyone else had the same problem and came across this video.

It worked for me, I hope it helps if you have the same problem.

SirJoe, May 18, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. SirJoe

IBMPC8088

Leave it to Microsoft to break the only thing that wasn't broken before. I guess it's better not to ask what doesn't work with Windows 10, but instead to ask what does?

IBMPC8088, May 18, 2016
  3. SirJoe

Nestone50

If you want your Windows 10 Start Menu to look like Windows 7, download this application. It is absolutely free and has great reviews. http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

Nestone50, May 18, 2016
  4. SirJoe

hippyzomby

I spent weeks trying to find the start menu. I still have not found it well until I read this thread. Thank you.
    One minute on this forum and I have already started learning things I wish I knew before hand.
    This is my first laptop in 6 years so I have a lot of learning to do. I didn't know windows was a thing now that you had to have. I spent my first day staring at it looking for the start menu because that is how you learn about the insides of your laptop or computer. Well how I do it.

hippyzomby, May 19, 2016
  5. SirJoe

SirJoe

Thanks, but I am fine with the windows 10 layout, it's just that after every big upgrade it didn't seem to work properly. I don't want to provoke the beast, who knows what it will do.

SirJoe, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question