Windows 10 preview download is available now

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Jan 23, 2015.

1. something back

something back

something back, Jan 23, 2015
  2. something back

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Just one point... IF you are on a LIMITED bandwith Allowance from your ISP... eg 2 to 4Gb per month,
    DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT...
    This is a "Beta" version which downloads updates in the background... (Yes Windows does that all the time, but usually only once a month on Update Tuesday)... Windows 10 does it whenever you go on line and a lot of the stuff in Windows 10 NEEDS you to be online. (MY guess is - it is aimed at the Phone Market, again.. like Win 8.1.

How did I find out? - Not having Broadband higher than 512Mb - not even a quarter of what ISPs keep telling me I can get... I WAS using my phone to tether to the computer I use to 'try out' Windows 10 - it took me WAY over my tethering allowance;
    I ended up taking out a cheapo Broadband deal - in UK we have to pay £16+ per month JUST for telephone line rental then the cheapest deal I found was another £3.50 per month on top of that... (it is still cheaper than the £45 my ISP charged for going over my bandwith limit...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 24, 2015
Ask a Question