Window XP Pro SP2 shut down very slowly.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by econou, Oct 13, 2008.

1. econou

econou

Could anyone help or suggest me how to set up for shutting down more quickly because I install Window XP Pro SP2 for Aspire One A110-Aw, please? I've tried to set up in regedit for waittokilltimeout, autoendtask, menushowdelay, and so on but still don't work. My Aspire One still shuts down slowly (about 3 minutes at least).. Please help me to set up. My email is [email protected]. In case, someone who kindly give me in details how to set up by sending me mail.

Thank You and looking forward to hearing from you soon..

econou, Oct 13, 2008
  2. econou

Tamrac

3min? Is this from a fresh install? If not, try to post the programs you have installed.... Some Antivirus do scans on shutdown, drastically slowing down the process. Itunes on some machines also dealy shutdowns. Those are only examples, post your apps installed.

Tamrac, Oct 13, 2008
  3. econou

econou

I have installed as the following programs

MSN, Microsoft office 2003(only word, excel, access, powerpoint), AVG Antivirus (Free Edition), GOM player, Acrobat standard, ThaiDictionary, window media player. Those programs, I think they're quite normal and I don't use them at the same time as well but I don't know why my AA1 has shut down problem. I'm sorry that my English is not so good..

econou, Oct 13, 2008
  4. econou

sas550

sas550, Oct 13, 2008
  5. econou

Veazer

Something must be wrong, my AAO goes to standby in less than 2 seconds and shutdown in about 7 seconds. It might be due to the very slow SSD drive on the A110, the hard drive on the A150 i have is pretty fast (read speed is more than 70 mb/second). If you look in this forum you will see some people recommending some ways to improve the speed of XP when using the SSD drive using something called EWF, but i think you will always be a bit frustrated with that drive with windows XP, sorry!

Just wondering, why did you choose SP2 instead of SP3? i did a "streamline" install of XP SP3 using nlite and it is working very well, much better than the pre-installed XP that came with the machine.

Also, are you using FAT32 for your drive or NTFS? it should be FAT32 for your drive.

khun bpen khon thai mai krup?

Veazer, Oct 14, 2008
  6. econou

econou

Thank you for your recommendation. Well I re-install window again and I think it will work better than before. Yes, I'm Thai. Are you Thai also? Nict to meet you even if you are not Thai but I'm pleased to hear that you can speak Thai. I used SP2 for my AA1 which I use for another Laptop. I heard about EWF but I'm not so expert for doing anything much for my laptop because I'm only user not really technician so I have not much skill in technical. Anyway, nice to meet you and I will try to do as you suggested. Thank You so much and hope to see you again.

econou, Oct 14, 2008
  7. econou

Veazer

no, i'm not thai but i lived in chiang mai for a few years. i miss the food and the people...

good luck with the re-install.

Veazer, Oct 17, 2008
  8. econou

econou

I see.. No wonder why you can speak Thai.... Well, I've re-installed already and found that it works well than before..

econou, Oct 18, 2008
Ask a Question