Win7 Install on AOD250 & Webcam Success

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Snodgrass, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Snodgrass

Snodgrass

Took delivery of my new AOD250-1151 yesterday.
    Had Win7 installed and configured to preference within 45mins. (Boot from USB.)
    The OS (Build 7600) automatically installed the drivers for everything, including a "USB Camera", so the webcam was properly accounted for in Device Manager. But it wouldn't work,

Today I downloaded, installed and uninstalled multitude of drivers for the webcam, and I finally found one that worked: The Vista driver for the LiteOn camera from the Acer website.
    The filename is Camera_liteon_0.73_Vistax86XPx86_A.zip.
    It can be found by using the Acer (I was on the US site) driver download system, and selecting the AOP531h netbook, and then selecting one of the 32-bit Vista OS versions. (The LiteOn driver is listed between the Chicony and Suyin drivers, neither of which worked.)

Or here: http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...Aspire One&Step3=AOP531h&OS=V02&LC=en&SC=PA_6

Hope this helps someone else!

Snod

(Edited 10/17/09 to clarify Win7 driver status)

Snodgrass, Oct 16, 2009
  2. Snodgrass

tominfleetuk

Seems to work on the A150 as well, provided it is run as Vista

tominfleetuk, Dec 19, 2009
  3. Snodgrass

jerryt

Yes, finally a working webcam on Windows 7 with AOA150.

Using "Camera_liteon_0.73_Vistax86XPx86_A.zip" run as compatible as Vista. http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles ... en&SC=PA_6

Then go to Program files, Acer Crystal Eye, and run the .exe

You don't need to install anything else.

jerryt, Dec 23, 2009
Ask a Question