Win7 -> 8GB SDHC

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tomt, Oct 20, 2009.

1. tomt

tomt

Acer D150:

Is it possible to install Win 7 on to an 8GB SDHC ?

Would it run OK ?? Fast enough etc ??

Thanks

tomt, Oct 20, 2009
  2. tomt

tavolalo

Well I´ve been using it for 2 month now, had some trouble at the beginning, because I installed first the full version and ran out of space, also having a lot of freezing when working....so I tried with Linux (ubuntu, mandriva: annoying, complex for an unexperienced user of Linux. then tried slax, this one did the trick mean while find another option for Win 7....then tried win 7 eepc, and later another one that I cant remember it name....same trouble....then in forums someone writed about Tiny 7... was awesome!...Installed perfectly and did not freeze with flashpoint / flashfire for SSD....but some times(up to now 3 times) it shows me the Blue screen of death...so I made a Image backup in a 4 gb usb pen (took 50% of space) with acronis Restore for Notebook with all bundle installed (office, VLC player, Windows live even Counter strike game!) and in 20 min had all going again!!! all my data is kept in the SDHC so nothing is lost when I restore.

Really happy...I was going to give it to my little girl for a toy until this worked ....next time will buy the one with HDD and intall all this again!

tavolalo, Oct 21, 2009
  3. tomt

tomt

Thanks for the reply.

I'll take a look at Tiny 7.

Do you have any info on acronis Restore for Notebook ?? Where can I get that ?

Thanks

tomt, Oct 24, 2009
Ask a Question