Win 7 ultimate on 1 TB internal sata drive Help?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jakburn, Jan 21, 2012.

1. jakburn

jakburn

Hello peoples,

I Have had my acer aspire one D257 with 250g sata hdd for a few months when the Restore partition failed, no probs, I'll reformat and I'll upgrade to win 7 ultimate and stick 2g of ram i it.

The installation went like a charm, and works fine not supprised I've done a few over the years.

Now here's where my problem starts, I got hold of a 1tb 2.5 sata drive, and decided to try it in the net book, Probably dont need it, but it's nice to have.

I went to install windows 7 ultimate from a powered usb DVD drive, just the same as the 250g drive, and when it's loaded drivers, etc, it come's to finding the drive to do the install on and is asking for "Mass storage controller driver".

Now I've tried win 7 install disk, various drivers from about the internet, and just cant get the harddrive to show up.
    (it shows up in bios and win 7 disk management and my computer folder).

any one else had this problem or can point me to the correct driver?

Thanks for your time

Jason

jakburn, Jan 21, 2012
  2. jakburn

Swarvey Moderator

In the BIOS is your controller set to AHCI? Change it to IDE then try again. You can install drivers and change back to AHCI once Windows is installed.

Swarvey, Jan 22, 2012
Ask a Question