win 7 on a 32 bit system???

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cookoospite, Nov 2, 2009.

1. cookoospite

cookoospite

Hi, there are tonnes of posts on here about windows 7 on the aspire one. My question is how when the systems are different? I have a disk which came with a new PC i recently bought, the problem is win 7 is 64 bit and the one is 32. I thought all aspire ones were 32 bit, so either I'm wrong or there is a way around this.

Please can someone clue me in??

Thanks

Cookoospite :)

cookoospite, Nov 2, 2009
  2. cookoospite

Guest Guest

Win7 is unfortunately available in at least 4 versions(starter - which will ship on a new version of the d250, Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate). Each version may be available in 32 or 64 bit (not sure about specifics). I have Win7 Ultimate and 2 dvds were included in the package. 1 for 32bit, 1 for 64bit. I've loaded the 32bit disc on my A1D250 and it runs (how well, I don't know yet). I looked at the specs for the N270 processor in my d250 before deciding on 32bit. After a little more research - as far as I know, NONE of the Atoms are capable of 64bit.

Bottom line (the parts I think you were missing):
    There are 32 bit versions of Win7.... (I'm running one).
    There are NO 64bit Aspire Ones (that I know of).

Hope that helps.

Guest, Nov 2, 2009
  3. cookoospite

cookoospite

Hi Tequilawarrior,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah it has helped, at least where I've gone wrong anyway. My new PC is 64 bit so I suppose it makes sense just to include that version. Even if it is a **** as I wanted to use the disk elsewhere.

Thanks again for the help.

Cookoospite

cookoospite, Nov 4, 2009
  4. cookoospite

Dooms_day

the atom is NOT a 64 bit proccessor therefore...hmm...CANT RUN 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEMS...thats wierd...

they are pure 100% IA32. my favorite architecture, because thats what 97% of computers in the world support(IA64 is backwards compatable)/are

Dooms_day, Dec 17, 2009
Ask a Question