Win 10 Update causes 0xc000000d Bug

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ChrisJBrady, May 22, 2017.

1. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

I have a new Dell 11 3000 series laptop. It has been OK up until the latest mega-update by MS. Now it wont boot into Windows - I get a blue screen stating the laptop has to be repaired. I have files on the C: drive ready to be backed up - and I can't access them. How on earth can I get the damned thing to reboot?

I thought of using Linux Puppy to run in RAM and at least be able to copy my files to an external drive but since the boot files are corrupt I can't even change the boot priorities.

I've heard that only full restore and reset of Win 10 can get things back to normal - but that will mean losing all of my files - 400GB worth.

ChrisJBrady, May 22, 2017
  2. ChrisJBrady

something back

As you are aware it's a boot file problem

Give this a try

If not look on our forum for ways to obtain a installation dvd/flash drive iso
    there's a free program in "essential utils" section of the forum.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    something back, May 23, 2017
  3. ChrisJBrady

ChrisJBrady

Hello - thank you for your response. Yes - I am aware that this is a boot file problem. I have just updated Win 10 with the latest mega-update. The Dell wanted to do 69 updates afterwards. I think that the corruption occurred when the battery had just about died and I closed the lid. Anyway I have about 600GB of multimedia files to rescue. Most are backed up but the latest week's worth of video editing are not. When I researched the issue - which leads me to consider that Win 10 is not fit for purpose (but then I knew that already) - it seems that a restore or reset of Win 10 is required. This will delete all of my data files. Hence my thinking that a bootable USB with Linux Lupo-Puppy might let me transfer the files to a hard drive first. BUT damned Windows - it its fractured state - wont let me change the boot order for Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot into the USB drive. As far as I can see the laptop is a write off. BTW a professional recovery under guarantee isn't really a consideration - I don't want to lose my data files. As soon as I resolve this time-wasting 'bug' I will scrap Win 10 and install Linux. [This written from a Toshiba Qosmio G32 with dual XP and Ubuntu - still going after all these years]. CJB

ChrisJBrady, May 23, 2017
  4. ChrisJBrady

something back

Try the above first, you can do a "recover reset" there are two different types one is a full reset with out retaining any personal files the other is retaining personal files.

I do know that it loses some systems type files whatever you choose but it may help you recover your files.

something back, May 23, 2017
Ask a Question