Will they offer 1.5GB w/ 6 cell soon?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Rathma, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Rathma

Rathma

That's the only thing keeping me from buying the 1GB 6 cell right now.

I know I could take apart the laptop and switch the unsoldered 512 with 1 gig but i'm not good with that stuff.

Rathma, Aug 2, 2008
  2. Rathma

Sid

Removing the onboard ram would be a difficult task.
    I guess that acer may offer the One with 1.5gb, but I think they have a few other items to get to market - the brown One :)

The 6 cell is out there now, but only recently.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. Rathma

phlippy22

The new announcements mean they're probably sticking with what they've figured out from the market so far. No matter whether you get the 512MB or the 1GB version, the RAM replacement shouldn't be a problem to install (Google for a guide if there's no obvious compartment to unscrew) as it's probably the only thing laptop mfrs don't really care about upgrading yourself.

phlippy22, Aug 22, 2008
  4. Rathma

TheOne

I have the Win XP 120GB model with 1GB ram and the performance is excellent using a variety of programs including Photoshop. Multitasking performance is also solid with only 1GB ram. I think any performance gains using 1.5GB vs. 1GB would be minimal in most situations using with the One.

Bob

TheOne, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question