Will not install via USB drive no matter the route

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TL1979, Apr 29, 2009.

1. TL1979

TL1979

I have attempted three different ways of getting a bootable USB drive to install Windows XP, and I have used three different ISOs. From two page long step by step instructions using USB multiboot, to UltraIso (the simple way). Both ways achieve a bootable Thumb drive, but after I either select the option to install (USB multiboot) or after it states it's booting into the thumb drive (Ultra Iso) It just goes to this slightly off black screen and sits.

And sits, and sits. Nothing. I have fully tested my thumb drive and it is working properly.

Help, I am losing my mind over this. Same result no matter what I do.

:evil: :oops:

TL1979, Apr 29, 2009
  2. TL1979

switchblade

I haven't installed XP as mine came with WinXP Home, but I did upgrade he HDD and install Windows Vista Ultimate on it. I used the method as outlined in this thread. However, I used a microSD card rather than an USB flash drive. The installation was done within minutes from the card, I was pleasantly surprised at the speed with which it installed. I may just have to install from flash cards as a rule with other supported systems. Anyhow, if you have a card laying around you may want to give it a try.

switchblade, Apr 30, 2009
  3. TL1979

Tamrac

Save your sanity and go pick up an external USB DVD drive. They're goin pretty cheap lately. About $50 won't hurt.

Tamrac, Apr 30, 2009
Ask a Question