wifi WPA doesn't connect anymore

Discussion in 'Networking' started by a2d, Mar 7, 2009.

1. a2d

a2d

machine is linpus with 8gb ssd and 1.5gb ram.

when i first setup machine, i could connect to my fon wireless router's secure channel, which uses WPA. then i ran Live Update and have been unable to connect since. i can connect to the fon with other machines. has anyone else had issues after the update, or is it something specific to the fon router? any suggestions for diagnosis?

cheers

a2d

a2d, Mar 7, 2009
  2. a2d

waki

Hi,

I have the same problem with my fon-router, but I had it from beginning since several month now.
    It is also linpus with 8gb ssd.

I tried all different settings for WLAN-security and after a change on the fon-router I could connect once. The next times it tries to connect endlessly.

So I gave up, but I'm still waiting for a solution. All other machines connect with the fon-router without problems and I have no problems connecting my AAO to other APs.

I'm also still waiting for a better network manager which can da VPNs. I can do it on command line, but it would be nice to have a gui.

waki, Mar 8, 2009
  3. a2d

a2d

hmm - maybe i'll try changing the WPA key on the router and see if that gives me the same temporary fix.

a2d, Mar 9, 2009
Ask a Question