WIFI Works in Linux but not XP, Tried 4 bios' and 3 drivers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KiraKamikaze, Jan 28, 2009.

1. KiraKamikaze

KiraKamikaze

Ok so I have a wifi problem with my Acer one. Its a 150 120gb with XP. When I bought it the wireless worked fine in XP and in BT3 (bootable USB Linux distro). I used it for a few days and decided to do some updating. I found the 3309 bios on the euro website and updated to 3309. After that the wifi stopped working in XP. It will detect networks but will not connect. I have tried connecting to several networks. Although if I boot the computer in BT3 Linux the wireless card detects AND connects just fine.

Things I have tried to no avail: Bios: 3309, 3305, 3304, 3114 Drivers: Both of the newest drivers, Turning off power save mode. Using a 3rd party wireless software.

I thought maybe it was something to do with WZC but if I connect an external USB wireless card the WZC works flawlessly. I have tried everything I can think of aside of replacing the card all together which is money I'd rather not spend if I don't have to. It makes no sense that it worked great and then just quit after the 3309 update.

I have looked everywhere and can't find anyone that had this EXACT same problem. Any ideas?

KiraKamikaze, Jan 28, 2009
Ask a Question