wifi switches off?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dattrax, Dec 30, 2009.

1. dattrax

dattrax

Hi,

I can be sat using my 751 (recently repaired by ACER and upgraded to 3210 BIOS by them) and the wifi will just disable itself. Its as if the switch at the front has been toggled. No amount of switching it re-enables the orange wifi light on the front and the windows wifi logo has an 'X' through it. All I can do at this point is reboot. Anyone else had this problem or discovered a workaround?

Cheers,
    Jim

dattrax, Dec 30, 2009
  2. dattrax

drewy813

Try repairing the connection?

(right-click on wireless network connection; repair)

Only suggestion I would have.

drewy813, Dec 31, 2009
  3. dattrax

Pytheas

...or try to delete the connection and make a new one.

I recently had problems connecting to my router, because some security settings were changed (!!) and the ones on the netbook didn't match the ones of the router. I tried some things but the only thing that worked was deleting the connection and creating a new one.

As a last step I would suggest repairing your Windows installation, in case some files became corrupted for some reason.

Pytheas, Dec 31, 2009
  4. dattrax

cmeide

I would say the problem is in your Wifi card.
    I have a little similar problem with my 3G card. It came after I upgraded it (Option GMT382) to the latest firmware version. It happens sometimes after a few days continous use. I will hear the beep sound of usb unplugging, and all devices related to the card will disappear from device manager. The only way to bring it back is to unscrew the card and unplug/replug it or reboot the computer.

cmeide, Jan 2, 2010
Ask a Question