WIFI NOT switching on!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JoshV, Jun 3, 2019.

1. JoshV

JoshV

I have an old HCL Me laptop with i5 3rd gen. I don't use it very often.
    Recently I upgraded the ram to 8gb from 4gb. During this time I somehow got a virus the TrojanDownloader:JS/Fakepack.
    So for safety reasons I removed the WIFI adapter (hardware). I have successfully removed the virus (it doesn't constantly shut down now)

I tested the laptop without the adapter for a few days. Today I reconnected the same adapter back. Now the WiFi is not switching on.
    I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling Driver.
    Disable/Enable.
    Reconnecting Adapter.

It's still not switching on. I can't even see available networks.

I'm pretty sure it's a software issue. Let me know what I can do to make this work.

Thanks in advance.

JoshV, Jun 3, 2019
    gibsonhoward248 likes this.
  2. JoshV

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

I do not know what a HCL is, you will have to look online for a user manual or help it could be a function
    key that requires pressing, most computers use function keys to enable or disable the network.

something back, Jun 3, 2019
    gibsonhoward248 likes this.
  3. JoshV

JoshV

I know about function keys. But it is not switching on even via that.

JoshV, Jun 3, 2019
  4. JoshV

gibsonhoward248

I can't interface with my web by means of wifi, just receiving a message in investigate saying the distant gadget or asset will not acknowledge the association, and I have effectively attempted each arrangement proposed in different discussions on the web and nothing has worked. Twofold actually look at that one, and just one organization connector is empowered. Per your post I would comprehend that that would be a remote organization connector. Wired organization connectors being debilitated likewise.

gibsonhoward248, Feb 10, 2022
Ask a Question