WiFi Light On = No WiFi

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by danmac, Feb 17, 2009.

1. danmac

danmac

Hi Everybody,

I have a curious goings on after an update to my WiFi driver today from MS.

I'm successfully running dual boot Win7 and MAC OSX (10.5.6 - Voodoo), and have upgraded my WiFi card to a Broadcom BCM4321, as this works with Mac and is also a N class device making everything go really fast :D (Not technical I know)

Anyway, this evening I noticed an update came through the Win 7 auto update offering a driver update, so I thought hell why not, upgraded and everything seems fine. So I thought, why not try the switch and ensure everything works, well the switch disabled wireless instantly, but the WIFI light came on... Very odd, I suddenly think this is interesting (the light hasn't worked since installing the new Wifi card). So I hit the switch again, literally instantaneously Wireless networks appear again and the light goes out. So, I seem to have excellant WiFi results, but strange goings on with the light.

Has anyone struck this before? Or something similar? Or have a Broadcom BCM4321 driver that enables the light?

danmac, Feb 17, 2009
Ask a Question