Wifi drivers disappear every time i reboot.. audio too

Discussion in 'Linux' started by clairvaux, Aug 25, 2008.

1. clairvaux

clairvaux

This is strange, but I have to make clean, make, make install the madwifi drivers every time I reboot. I reboot once and it works fine... if I reboot again they drop.

The "Enable Wireless" option doesn't appear in the network monitor tool thing.

What's going on?

Edit: audio drivers are doing the same thing. what in the heck is going on here. :evil:

clairvaux, Aug 25, 2008
  2. clairvaux

prikolchik

Hey, this should fix ur wireless issue. Assuming you have installed MadWifi, and not any other driver...
    Code:
    sudo echo ath_pci >> /etc/modules
    Reboot. IF this does NOT help with no-wifi-on-restart, then
    Code:
    sudo pico /etc/modules
    and delete "ath_pci" from the file, since it doesn't help anyway... save and exit.

As for audio, I'm not sure what driver you've installed, but it you know how it is called, call the first command, but replace "ath_pci" with the name of your audio driver.

Have fun!

prikolchik, Aug 25, 2008
  3. clairvaux

clairvaux

Without doing anything except turning on the computer, I found wifi to be working, but audio isn't working. I get sound during the login screen, but as soon as the wifi card connects to my network, audio fails to work.

There was another thread in which the user was unable to get wifi and audio working at the same time.

This seems to be my problem too.

I'll do what you suggested and maybe see if that works...

clairvaux, Aug 25, 2008
  4. clairvaux

cjb

Clairvaux, the same thing is happening to me - have you had any luck fixing this?

cjb, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question