Wifi download very slow over browser PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jsjwjww, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Jsjwjww

Jsjwjww

Hey guys, Ive been noticing when I download something from Google or opera gx the download speed is extremely slow it's like 180kb/s, usually it was around 11mb/s. I thought the problem was with my wifi so I restarted router still nothing happened, so just to confirm my router is fine I went to epic games and started downloading some random game and it was downloading fine getting around 10 - 13mbp/s. I'm thinking of completely resetting my pc because I don't have any solution. I tried troubleshooting network and it said can't fine program or app called chrome something like that. I tried all solutions, I even scanned for virus but nothing showed up

Jsjwjww, Apr 15, 2023
  2. Jsjwjww

Carloz

Check if it is a network problem:
    Use you cellphone download the link with problem.

Check if it is a browser problem:
    Search "firefox portable" in google, download and run it with default settings, try again.

Carloz, Apr 17, 2023
  3. Jsjwjww

Jsjwjww

im confused, so i tried both methods
    first i tried downloading the same file on my phone and it said itll download in 9 days ;-; so i was sure its network problem but i still wanted to try the other method but when i went to download the "firefox portable" the download speed was perfectly fine i got like 5mb/s and so i went to download the other file again and it wass back to 150kb/s, can the problem be with the download file itself? since its a big file (150gb) and it was taking 70hours for it on firefox portable.

Jsjwjww, Apr 18, 2023
  4. Jsjwjww

Jsjwjww

Okay im sorry to keep messaging but just to see if it was the file problem i went to download another thing and it got 20mbp/s (im pretty sure now that its the file itself) thankyou for help tho

Jsjwjww, Apr 18, 2023
  5. Jsjwjww

hamsourcream

Before resetting your PC, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies in your browser or using a different browser altogether? It could be an issue with the browser you're using. Also, have you checked to make sure that the settings in your browser or download manager aren't set to limit your download speed? Sometimes they can be automatically set to a lower speed. If those options don't work, it may be worth reaching out to your internet service provider to see if there are any network issues on their end.

hamsourcream, Apr 18, 2023
  6. Jsjwjww

Jsjwjww

Like i said i have tried everything but i noticed something, this specific file that i want to download is the only one getting lower speeds but when i use the same settings and same browser for a file from another website it works perfectly fine. Is it possible that the site that im downloading from is bad causing it to download so slow?

Jsjwjww, Apr 19, 2023
  7. Jsjwjww

Carloz

150gb is a huge file, system need time to initialize the file on harddisk, check out the harddisk activity in Task Manager when start download.
    If 180kb/s speed is keeping for a long time ( >30min) even the harddisk is not busy, Maybe the website has a speed limit setting.

Carloz, Apr 19, 2023
Ask a Question