WiFi does not connect

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Trueguage, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Trueguage

Trueguage

AOA150 My system see's the Wifi but will not connect. I have double checked the security encoding plus the password. I do not have a utility for testing the WiFi board. Does anybody have any idea on what could be the problem (it used to work)?

Trueguage, Nov 20, 2010
  2. Trueguage

brainsby

I've had recurring wireless problems for a month....one day it works after I reset, and the next day it didn't.
    My internet cable tech. suggested uninstalling the anti-virus software (AVG) and trying it without.
    It worked; and then after I re-installed AVG it continued to work Maybe there was a corrupt file in the anti-virus?

brainsby, Nov 24, 2010
  3. Trueguage

shashishekhar

No your anti virus was not having corrupt it was only blocking your wifi as it was dectecting your wifi as suspicious object hence blocking it form working.

shashishekhar, Nov 24, 2010
  4. Trueguage

colinb91

I have an Acer Aspire 5551A running Windows 7. I have exactly the same problem. I can connect through a cable but not through wireless. We had a guest over Christmas who brought an Asus netbook and my wife got a Toshiba 650. Both connected to thhe wireless router but no one could get my Aspire to connect.

This is the second time that I have typed this. The first time I saved it in drafts. I never saw it again. Could someone tell me how to reach drafts, please?

colinb91, Dec 27, 2010
Ask a Question