Wifi always turns on after XP startup?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by phantom75, Jul 27, 2009.

1. phantom75

phantom75

Hi people,

I have an AOA-150 with XP. Wifi on it works like this:
    - When I start my AOA, wifi is off;
    - If I turn on wifi and then shut down my AOA, next time I start it wifi will be on;
    - If I turn off wifi and then shut down my AOA, next time I start it wifi will be off.

That's how it's supposed to be, wifi will keep the status it had when AOA was shut down.

Today I bought an AOD-250 with XP to my fiancée (a red one, it's a surprise, she'll love it!). I'm doing some tests, and how weird this is: wifi always turns on when I start the AOD! I can turn it off and shut down the AOD, but when I start it again, wifi turns on.

I don't know what is happening, maybe it's a XP startup configuration. I'm checking msconfig now, but if anyone can help me on that, I'll appreciate.

phantom75, Jul 27, 2009
  2. phantom75

malvo26

I don't know about the D250, but my D150 has WiFi on when Windows XP starts. I guess that is normal with these models.

malvo26, Jul 27, 2009
  3. phantom75

phantom75

Even when you turn it off before shutdown, it always turn on when XP starts?

phantom75, Jul 27, 2009
  4. phantom75

malvo26

It always turns on when you start Windows even if you shut it down before turning off the netbook. It's probably a feature they built in onn request. Actually it doesn't bother me.

malvo26, Jul 27, 2009
  5. phantom75

phantom75

I don't like it. Turn on or off wifi should be my choice, not Acer's.

There must be a way to disable this.

phantom75, Jul 28, 2009
  6. phantom75

slc_silva

Hi,

I have an AOA 150 with XP home edition. When I turn on the compurter the wifi is off unless I have turned it on during the use. Considering that, we may think that might have a way to change the wifi configuration.
    Regards,
    Sergio

slc_silva, Sep 19, 2009
Ask a Question