Wich combination?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by TheDishesBroke, Jul 2, 2016.

1. TheDishesBroke

TheDishesBroke

So, I'm getting a new laptop. I don't know which combination I should go for. Either a Intel Core i7 5500U with a NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2gb) or a i5-6200U with a NVIDIA GeForce 940M (2gb). Both of those combinations also have 8GB of ram. The laptop will be used for schoolwork, photoshop, office and games like League of Legends, Elder scrolls Online, and any other games untill theres a point that I cant handle them anymore (I got a destkop as well for them). So pretty much to use when travelling. What do you guys think?

TheDishesBroke, Jul 2, 2016
  2. TheDishesBroke

ProNine

Well, as far as I know, i7 and i5 are for the most part the same. The only difference comes when you want to focus on functions such as photo and video editing. In that case, the i7 one seems to be a better choice. However, keep in mind that if you're not planning on doing heavy duty editing, more like every now and then kind of stuff, then do stick to the i5 laptop.

ProNine, Jul 4, 2016
Ask a Question